Looking for Analog adapter

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cjammer, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Here is what I am wanting to do and what I am looking for. So tell me if there is a cleaner way to do it.

I have a old Merlin PBX with analog and digital ports. I want to be able to take a couple of the analog port and run them into adapters and go to a remote location. On the other end come out of the matching adapter and into an analog phone. The adapters will have an IP address to work across the network.

I have seen one but dont remember any details about it. I dont want to try to run them through my VOIP PBX. This will keep dialing strings to a minimum.

Anyone got any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Take one Grandstream GXw-4004 (4 FXS) and GXW-4104 (4 FXO)

your PBX - GXW4104 - internet - GXW4004 - Phones

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could also use the FXO port of a Linksys SPA3102 at the PBX end and the FXS port of an SPA 2102 (or any other ATA) at the phone end. You will have to set the PBX end to dial the number of the phone at the other end. Both devices could be registered to a free SIP provider such as SipPhone (Gizmo) Or it could be a fictitious number, an IP or any number that is registered to the ATA where the phone is located. The PBX end could be set up to "speed dial" the far end upon seizure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.