Loosing configuration on restart of server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Philco, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Philco

Philco Member

Loosinf configuration on restart of server

Hi, just installed the free version and configured it with two extansiona and a voip provider and all worked fine first time, howver, on rebooting the computer running the 3cx server it appears it cannot connect to server and I have to uninstall and reinstall and then reconfigure again..

Has this been seen before by anyone and is there a cure please.

Thanks in anticipation.

P

2. Philco

Philco Member

It appears that in the server status log that the last line says CM100008] Licence loading error

P

3. Mori

Mori New Member

This only means that you ar running free version (since you dont have a licensekey, yet)

About the other. What version and build are you running?

4. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Mori, its the latest v3.1.2434.0 and I get

Can't connect to the database server

When I install I dont select any short cuts at he moment but I woldnt have thought this would make a diffrence.

I look a the green status buttons at the top right, they say everything is running.

Phil

5. Mori

Mori New Member

Re: Loosinf configuration on restart of server

Are you loading any backup after reinstalling, or manually config each time?

If you load backup, it might have som error in there.
    Try (one more time) to restart "3CX Postgress Database Server" services to see if its connects.
    If not try to reinstall 3cx, reconfigure manualy at least two ext. and one provider.

6. Philco

Philco Member

Thanks again Mori.

My installations have been manual configuration (no backup)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and done some futher checks. It appears that the phone system is running but I simply cannot log into the management system. I can make and receive calls etc between the two extensions and outbound and inbound so all seems ok in that respect even after reboot.

So, the problem seems to be that I cannot access the management console once I have shut the computer down and rebooted.

Once I have entred he correct username and passord I get the

If I click on the 'here' position I can see a list of access to the function folder in 3cx data files.

Phil

7. Philco

Philco Member

Further investigation seems to show that he configuraions files in the function folder appear to originals and not any that I've configured.

Also I've saved a backup and to be honest I cant seem to corrolate anything in that backup file as anything to do with my configuration but I see things like 'extreem error' whatever hat is.

So while the IPPBX side is working the web portal information isnt. Yes I'm probably guessing.

Phil

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I've seen this happen and it was the firewall. When it installs the firewall lets it work no problem. Then after reboot the firewall kicks in again and everything is blocked.
    Especially on XP.

9. Mori

Mori New Member

I second that.

Can you tell us more about the os you installed 3cx on?
    And is console administrated from localhost, or other computer?

10. Philco

Philco Member

Thanks Mori and Rob.

Well during installation I get a pop up bar telling me that intranet is blocked and I leave it blocked, could this be the problem.

The system here is an Acer laptop (I'm evaluating the IPPBX on this) running XP SP2 etc, I use F-Secure for security. F-secure has allowed 3CXPhoneSystem, IVRsevice and Mediaservice to have full access in and out.

When I access the console, I get the ‘3CX Phone System internal error’ and ‘can't connect to the database server error’ (on one page), but I can view the server status when I click on that which appears to be working fine with the above IVR and media applications loading ok. The phones all perform ok too. It is down to I guess the browser not being able to access the.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks

Phil

11. Philco

Philco Member

I cant get the console to work on the laptop, but installing it on a desktop and allowing intranet works fine. The system is very good and configurable isnt it (see my posting elsewhere re remote extension).

Just got to get it to work on he lapop now.

As a matter of interest, can the configuration be saved and installed on another location/pc. I've not looked a the backup file yet to see if that has all the info in here It certainly didnt on he lapop, so I'll have a look at the backup on the destop machine.

Thanks

Phl

12. Mori

Mori New Member

This is quite right a problem. 3CX console can be loaded from any web browser on your LAN, and WAN if port is opened. Allow the ip where 3cx is installed in your browser as "trusted site". If its on the same computer (your laptop) use 127.0.0.1.
    Aditionaly test the console from a diferent computer on you LAN if possible. Remember port 5481. (eg. http:// 3cx machine IP:5481)

Try disable the FW, just to se if the FW is the problem.

Yes it can. Just take a backup of your current server, then install the 3cx on the computer as you wich. Load the backupfile on this machine.
    For the v.3.1 you then must uninstall the original 3cx. You can not have two systems run on same LAN. (the v.4. can setup a bridge.)
    Remember to configure all your phones to the new enviroment.

Hope this clarifyes things.

13. Philco

Philco Member

Thanks Mori.

As I've mentioned in my last post, all works ok on a desktop PC.

Regards the ACER laptop, even installing and testing (reboot) without the FW on, I still cannot access the server after a reboot of the PC. Once we start purchasing 3cx I'll see if support can advise me on wha the problem is on the ACER and I can send them copies of the screen dumps

Ah yes I appreciate that I cant run two copies simltaniously, but was making sure I could copy the backups so I could configure on one machine for installation on anoher.

I see the real backups are in the log folder in he programe files of 3cx. The ZIP file that you are prompted to save is only the pointer of where the files are am I correct?

It certainly works well on the desktop PC though. We're quite excited about it here.

Thanks

Phil

14. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

The zip file is all your settings and if selected the voice promtps. It just doesn't contain and existing voicemails that were saved. You can copy the 3cx\data\ivr\extensions folder to get those.

You can have 2 3cx systems running on the same network, as long as you're not using the same voip providor and the IP is different for the phones to register. They won't talk to each other, but works just fine for testing.

Make sure your 3rd party and Windows firewall are off when you install. Doesn't have to be completely off, but it makes it quicker to determine the problem. Then if that is the issue you can turn them on using the needed ports. Just make sure you don't have 2 firewalls on the same system, they don't play well together.

15. Philco

Philco Member

Thanks Rob. Ok on the two systems on the network, I thought it could, but I think Mori was making sure I was aware of the same configuration (if I'd copied it) was not running on both machines to the same phones in my testing. Both PCs have static addresses anyway.

Loading/installing with or without the firewall makes no difference on the Acer laptop, it still wont allow me to access the console after a reboot.

Ok on the zip file. Is that the one I use to transfer the configuration. It didnt seem to have much it appart from pointers to he log files, which is why I thouht I'd have transfer the log files and the zipped file to another machine to transfer a configuration.

Appologies for any missing 't's in any text, its the poor keyboard on the acer.

I still cant get over how simple it is to set up yet has all the flexibility, and from what I've seen V4 is even better, but I'll wait until all the really techie guys have sorted the beta testing out on that.

Thanks

Phil

16. Philco

Philco Member

I'm still aving trouble with accessing he console on he laptop, and even V4 gives he same error. Below is the text of the web page that apears after selecting here.

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] server closed the connection unexpectedly<br />
    This probably means the server terminated abnormally<br />
    before or while processing the request.<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'vers4', 'testy2007')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(66): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br />
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br />
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br />
    #5 {main}

As I have said he server itself (version3) works fine when configured and even though I can not access the console. I've not yet configured V4.

Does this give any indications to what may be causing the error.

Thanks

Phil

17. Philco

Philco Member

I'm still trying to solve the problem of not being able to access the maintanance consol after rebooting my laptop. I can access the mantenance consol when the application is installed and run on a deskop PC which make me think its something on the laptop thats preventing access after rebooting it,but cant undrstand what

The configuration which I set up when I initially install the aplications on the laptop seems to work fine even after rebooting, but just cant access the consol.

Help would be most certainly appreciated

Phil