loosing the "Extension is external" status from co

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by silentfun, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentfun

silentfun Member

loosing the "Extension is external" status from configuration

ext 100 loosing ist ext 200 not but when i build a nex 201 extension it loose the status too.

any suggestion ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

you mean you tick the box: this extension is external. and go back its unchecked?

You aresure you pressed ok in the bottom afther you made the chance to save it?

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

:) yes i am shure. this are basics i check.

but it is not unchecked after some seconds it can take up to hours.

this came first after update

if i am the only one i will try to reinstall but atm i am ill and have much work waiting

andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

im not using that setting (my softphone at home works perfectly without it, only hardware phones require it) so im not sure.

ITFarmer? you had this issue?

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes i use hardware phones

6. silentfun

silentfun Member

i did some additional testing.

i hav added a new extension with the same value (only other extension) like that one that loose the "external" mark. and it is also loosing the mark.

but now the old unused extension don

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is weird, I cannot replicate it here.

Bounce it up to 3cx support, they should be able to replicate it in the lab. If so it is a bug, if not well.......... it could mean that the aliens have landed in germany. (of all countries in the world, why germany :lol: )

I have no idea why this is happening.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Extension is External - Settings saved incorrectly

I tried to replicate this problem however it obeys perfectly. I tried with a number of different and random extensions too giving special attention to 200 and 201. Each time the setting was observed. Did you try removing the extensions and recreating them again from scratch?? Thanks

9. silentfun

silentfun Member

no i have not build up all from scratch because it have taken some time to get all like i want everything else is ok . but i made a new extension and it did the same then the old one before. but since the old one is not longer registered with a phone it don

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

11. silentfun

silentfun Member

ok after a night here - the setting "external" escaped again.

so it wasn

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi silent fun
    Just to make sure that I understood correctly. Example - you have created 2 EXT; ext 100 and another 101. You set these 2 extensions as ext are external in the 3CX config. Correct??? You make a couple of calls - in this case you called 999, and when you go back in the extension's settings page, you realise that the checkbox showing that the extension is external is not checked anymore. Is this the problem? You also gave an indication that this does not happen all the time - it happens very rarely - What do you think generates this? and am I on the right track? And this has happened to you when the phonesa are registered correct?? An unregistered phone keeps the correct provided settings.
    I am checking on it ok.

13. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes you are on the right way. and yes a unregistered extension hold the extern option in place.

my config is neare your example

ext 100 me
    ext 200 my partner <- this is the buggy one

ext 201 at replacement for ext 200 same then before

my own extension i don

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

15. silentfun

silentfun Member

ok i have solved the problem.

this is invincible. the computer of my partner use still the call assistant of the last build and if he logs in he removes the extern option - i suggest it use the same variable for a other thing.

i already use the new call assistant since update.

this was realy hard to catch

the problem happened only when my partner reboot the workstation (from time to time)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.