Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Losing Presence when out of office.

Discussion in 'Android' started by ddywz, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddywz

I setup the 3cx client on my android Samasung Galaxy Note II and everything works fine. When I am in the local LAN ( building icon) my presence shows as "Avaliable" and also "On Hook" (registered). I can place calls, receive calls and IM chat with other extensions. When I get out of the office (house icon) phone register back via external PBX IP I have put in the settings and I can place and receive calls as a remote extension mode. My problem is that once I leave office and phone switches to a remote extension I lose presence. No matter what I do the Presence goes "Disconnected" and tries to connect every few seconds but fails. Any idea why? Does presence use a different port on SIP other than default 5060? I'm using latest android client V12.

Thanks,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had that same issue with version 12. Try forwarding port 5000 (as well), on your router, to the PBX IP.

3. ddywz

Thank you so much! It had to be a TCP port 5000. Tried UDP and did not work. How come they don't mention this at all on their setup docs?

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

They probably should do that.

That being said.. those components run over the web platform.. and http has always been TCP. :)
    Put short.. some of us made that assumption from past experience I guess.

Remembering SIP was UDP-based was tricky for me, though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.