Loss of Audio Inbound / Outbound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sp0oK, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sp0oK

Hi,

Currently 3CX has lost audio both inbound and outbound which results in having to restart the SIP service and then everything starts to work again for a short period of time. I have checked all firewall ports and we are up to date on the current release build of 3CX. This issue has had me reboot the service 5+ times today so far and we have not experianced anything like it before.

The intial voice prompts when a person calls the office is also silent untill the sip service is rebooted.

I have noticed in the Activity Log that wer are getting an huge ammount of "Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings" but 3CX does not appear to be blocking the attempts after me entering the IP in the deny access

Any info or pointers to put me in the right direction wopuld be really appreciate as I'm running out of options here.

2. superior1

Is this system in cloud or on premise?

3. Sp0oK

it's on premises as a VM using VMWare ESXi 6.5, I have checke sip_alg on the draytek 2830 router and that is disabled as I have heard stories of it with corruption to headers which could lead to possible audio loss. the server is bearly using any resource and is idling most of the time. I have enabled the verbose logging for the activity log which has only had a minor impact on resource usage to what i can see as trying to see if there is anything in the more detaild output to give an insight into the problem.

4. superior1

Ok since it is on-premise by doing an echo test, the audio I would have to assume is great both ways all the time. Correct me if Im wrong, its only happens on SIP Trunk calls. We have many depoyed Drayek routers and have yet had an issue with audio dropping so I would assume its the ISP's modem. Who is the ISP and what model modem?

But if your echo test returns the same issue, check firewall on the server.

5. superior1

In regards to this "Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings" is this on an extension or the SIP Trunk?

6. jrtaylor3

After upgrading to Linus v15.5 from v14 on windows we are having the same issues:
    • Dedicated SIP vendor (XO)
    • VMware and 6.0
    • Dedicated interfaces for the VOICE traffic in VMware
    • Dedicated firewall (SImpleWAN) for voice and XO line only
    • VMware tools not installed
    • Setup using 3CX Custom Debian download v15.5 and 100% patched
    Weird thing is we use a test line with FlowRoute SIP connection and no issues, but during the "problem" no sound in or out using the dedicated XO line & SIP server. We reboot firewall and dedicated XO line that does not fix the problem, but a full reboot or restarting of the services does fix issue. We have done a backup and restore 2X on linux to remove and residual Windows config info.

Questions/Comments:
    1. Looks like the line, but when we reboot communications still does not work, only fixes with reboot of services/server.
    2. Looks like the server, but when using a 2nd SIP vendor that one always works.

** Communications is fiber XO line to and XO PRI SIP service with around 10ms access on average.

7. Sp0oK

at the moment it now appears to be more stable so will do some monitoring and if / when it does drop the audio will complete an echo test and see what the results are. In regard to the "Reason: Credentials don't match......" that was coming from a remote SBC that was attempting to connect using various extensions with failure and was appearing in the logs every few milliseconds. After isolating that unit everything looks to have settled down for now. As for service we have a dedicated fibre to prem from BT along with them providing the SIP service

Thanks for all the info so far I was starting to loose my mind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.