Lost BLF lights after V12 to V11 downgrade

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhoneck, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoneck

I just upgraded from V11 to V12 and didn't like what I saw so I downgraded back to V11, reprovisioned all of my Yealink phones and now do not have any BLF lights working. I also can't log into the phones with the standard user and pass. So what did V12 do that I cannot reverse? I also factory reset one phone and was unable to fix.

2. infonetics

I noticed that version 12 generated random admin passwords for the phones, I had the same kind of issue. Had to go into the XML file and find the new admin password for each MAC address.

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi infonetics and jhonek,

3CX Phone System 12 does generate random passwords for the phones for security reasons. Searching through the xml files for that password was not necessary you could open the 3CX Management Console, then click on the 'Phones' node,select your phone (double click on it to open the extension settings) then click the 'Phone Provisioning' tab. The 'Phone Web Page Password' field contains the randomly generated password for the phone. If you already downgraded to V11 you can go to the Windows Event Viewer >> Windows Logs>> Application>> and search for "Extension:" you will see the password that was set for each of your Extension. if you have any further questions or inquiries please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. infonetics

1) can this be disabled?

2) if not, "launch phone interface" from the phones node needs to automatically log in with the proper credentials. Having to then go to extensions, provisioning, to look up each phone password is unreasonable, when it should be able to be sent with an http request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.