Lost incoming caller id info

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techadmin@feets.com, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techadmin@feets.com

After upgrading from 3CX v3 to v5 (with two subsequent upgrades to reach the latest v5.1 build) we find we have lost incoming caller ID information. 3CX seems to be pulling caller id values from the registered POTS line caller id values stored in our AudioCodes MP-118 FXO gateways. Since nothing has changed in our gateway it appears this is due to a change in the 3CX software.

What changed in 3CX v5 and how do we fix it?

2. techadmin@feets.com

Since I haven't received any responses to my initial query, I'll try to provide a bit more info:

I spent most of a day trying to develop a working configuration between our 3 AudioCodes gateways and 3CX but to no avail. I reverted all parameters to their original settings and have left the system as it was. Overall the v5 system seems to be marginally more reliable than v3 although I'm not convinced it is worth losing caller id for.

3CX recently posted new gateway templates so I immediately pulled down the templates for our AudioCodes MP-118 and MP-113. I created a new gateway and copied the settings from the template and applied them to our original gateway configs, then canceled the new gateway. I can see just one parameter changed in the latest AudioCodes gateway templates - which I have changed in my configuration. However, we still don't get any usable caller id data - which we used to work under our 3CX v3 installation. One thing I noticed, the new gateway definition screen includes two fields that don't even exist in my existing gateway record: Number of ports (8) and Type (Analog). I don't believe these should be significant with regard to remote caller id but it concerns me that the new templates contain fields that aren't even visible in older entries.

Can anyone point me to where (or if) the 3CX gateway configuration .ini files are stored? I've looked at the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini and 3CXTunnel.ini but neither contain any information regarding gateways, extensions or lines. I'd like to review any .ini files that contain gateway settings in order to see if there are any other parameters aside from those displayed in the 3CX browser interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.