• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Lost/Stolen smartphone/tablet - disable access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANJOTI

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

when some employee lose smartphone/tablet, is there a way to remotely remove settings about their extension? Or the only way is to access the admin console and change its extension password?

Only solution I can think off, change the extension password

No remote wipe within 3CX

Changing the password is the first step. Was the phone/tablet locked with a password, or the data encrypted? If this was a company supplied device, those two things should be mandatory.

We are Microsoft partner, so when someone face this, we set remote wipe for the next sync (running in backgroud).

>>> That should be a good idea for 3CX next features

Test just changing the extension password. At some point a while back, I tested and found that the extension was still able to connect, not sure if that was fixed and haven't tested recently.

If it was still able to re-provision itself, it may be able to pick up the new password. Haven't actually tried that. Perhaps deleting the extension completely, then creating again?

Reactions: StefanW
100% save is delete and recreate the extension if the device state is unclear.
If 3CX should be able to remote wipe a device, I dont think so, we are a PBX and not an MDM solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.