• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Lost the ability to dial from an external app

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMelga

Reaction score
Hi.

I am using the free version of 3CX. I was using calltriggercmd.exe (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/) to dial a number from my own app.

This week, without any changes or updates in both, I lost the ability to dial using calltriggercmd.exe.
I was using "calltriggercmd.exe -cmd makecall:<number>
but now nothing happens.
I did not update or change anything but 3CX Phone System warned me that the free year of maintenance has ended and asked if I wanted to buy/renew it.

What is wrong? Any ideas?

Hi there,
This feature requires an activated license to work.
Perhaps you were running on demo key prior to the issue rather than in free mode ?

Hi.

Honestly don't know which version I was using. All I know is that it was working perfectly for a year or so.

There shouldn't be any updates that change the way the applications work after a year.

Anyway... I just dumped 3CX Phone and installed Phoner. It's freeware and now I can do everything I was doing before and plus I can play .wav files, have different scripts for incoming, connected and disconnected calls.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.