Loud External Ringer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NeilF, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeilF

Hello I have an external ringer with a conventional BT Telephone Plug on it which we use in our noisy factory. Having just updated to 3CX can someone please advise what I need to buy to plug the ringer into, so I can configure the ringer as an extension and place it in certain ring groups so it rings when only with the correct groups are in use.

My last system used a Linksys SPA1001 adaptor but apparently I cannot configure this as an extension in 3CX??

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance

Neil

2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

if it has a sip registration field in it, you can register it in 3cx. the spa1001 looks like an spa112/122, so just create an extension on 3cx, plug in the rego details into the spa1001 along with the 3cx server ip into it and off you go, just make sure your selected codecs match whatever the spa1001 can do.

THis is assuming your spa1001 is unlocked.

3. Philip Darnell

Philip Darnell New Member

I have used a Cisco SPA 112 for an external bell before now, and was easy to provision when it was local to the 3CX server, you just need to log onto the web interface of the device and do the quick setup.

I tried setting one up as STUN and had troubles getting it to register and when I got it to eventually register, it doesn't work as it should and I end up with the bell ringing after the phone was answered.

Your other option is to buy an IP ringer, would be more expensive but easier to setup.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with Philip, but just to clarify something about the above. 3CX is a VoIP PBX that follows for the most part the general RFCs regarding VoIP. This means that technically speaking, any other VoIP device can be configured to work with 3CX as long as it follows the same RFCs. Because this though is more complicate than it may sound, 3CX has a list of supported/tested devices that are known to work without issues which are listed on the support page.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Technically any VoiP phone should work fine with the 3CX PBX.
    Your phone not being in the so called supported list doesn't mean it won't necessarily work with our system. As long as the phone follows the RFC's (sip rulebook), it should work just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Sopock

Sopock Member

because it tries to obtain IP from nonexistent STUN server. Try with disabled STUN and current ext IP...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I still use a number of SPA-1001s (great device, wish they still made them), and they work just fine when provisioned manually. Do a search, there are a number of STUN servers available for use.

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

...or setup up STUN to work correctly. 3CX SIP Port can also be used as a STUN Server. This is probably the reason though yes.

Sopock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.