loudspeaker or shop paging for 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

We need a loudspeaker/paging system in our shop area to work with our 3cx Small Business system. Our old PBX had a speaker system that worked as an extension on the phone system. I am assuming they make something like this to work with an IP-based PBX?

Can anyone advise on brands or where I might buy a system, that I know will succesfully work with 3cx? I've been searching on the Internet but can't seem to find exactly what I want.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Check out our selection of products from Valcom, they have a wide range of products for paging and intercom.

http://www.888voipstore.com/valcom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scott

Kerry - are there any ATA type devices that can be tied to the existing Valcom paging zone controller? Most of the Valcom adapters I have seen auto-answer an incoming analog call.

Scott...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with it? A speaker/pager is going to auto-answer like an extension and some provide two-way conversations.

5. viper

Hi, Snom have just released the Snom PA1 (http://www.snom.com/en/products/sip-paging/snom-pa1/) which should meet your requirements. If you want pricing let me know.

Thanks, Tom

Viper IT
    08445 000 333

6. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

You can set 3CX VoiP Phone in Auto-answer mode and connect standard Speaker Amplifier to PC soundcard Audio-out

7. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

That seems like a little overkill to have a complete PC being used as a paging device when you can buy SIP amplified speakers.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX PBX is running on PC... Lineout is available...

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Assuming that you want to run wires from the PBX to where ever the speaker is and that you have a sound card in the PBX server, plus now adding another piece of software on the server that is always running and that you need to make sure is always up. While it seems simple, it still isnt the best option in my opinion. I would rather use a real SIP amplified speaker and avoid the extra hassle.

10. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Many companies just have some analog paging system installed, so my solution is simpler for them.

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

In your case I might use a snom PA-1 or a Valcom gateway to interface properly with their existing analog system. If you are trying to save money, then yes, your solution is more cost effective but not as 'elegant'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.