• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Low Call Volume - 3CX V15.5 on Server 2016 - Windows Softphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon George

Free User
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any help\suggestions!

Issue: The incoming call audio from both internal and external calls is much lower than the audio from other applications running on client computers. External call participants can hear those of us using the 3CX client without issue, however, it is quite difficult for those of using the 3CX client to hear the other participant, across the board, regardless of where they are calling from. The speaker audio device has to be turned up to maximum volume on the client machine in order to hear the other call participant.

Implementation Overview:

• PBX: 3CX V15.5 running on Windows Server 2016 Virtual Machine hosted on hardware in a data center
  • Phones: 3CX Windows Client V15.5 Softphone running primarily on Windows 10 x64 bit machines
  • SIP Trunk Configuration:
    • Advanced: PBX Delivers Audio is checked. No other options checked
    • Codec Priority: G.711 U-law - No other codecs in use
  • Other Notes:
    • 50+ softphone instances in use in 5+ office locations serviced by different ISPs, the issue affects all instances
    • Have checked the Windows Volume Mixer to make sure that the 3CX Windows Client isn't specifically turned down.
    • The PBX used to be installed on a bare metal Windows 7 machine located in one of the office locations and the issue occurred then in all locations as well. The PBX configuration was backed up and migrated to the Server 2016 VM and is now using different SIP trunks as well.
Please let me know if I can provide additional information to assist in troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Might sound stupid but from what I've seen in the past, it is normally the simplest things that would be cause of an issue.
Have you checked the audio device that is selected in the Windows Client?

Might sound stupid but from what I've seen in the past, it is normally the simplest things that would be cause of an issue.
Have you checked the audio device that is selected in the Windows Client?

Thanks for the reply!

If you mean, have I checked the volume level of the audio device that the 3CX Windows Client is using for speakers, then yes, I have. I've also checked the Windows Volume Mixer to make sure that volume isn't turned down specifically for the 3CX Windows Client.

As I mentioned in the OP, other applications and system sounds can be heard just fine. In fact, by the time we get the volume level up high enough to hear the caller, everything else is eardrum bursting loud.

You're welcome.

I mean, In the windows client, under settings > audio options > Audio devices, what is the Audio device selected for "Microphone" at the caller side.
Sometimes, the microphone selected will not be the correct one.

You're welcome.

I mean, In the windows client, under settings > audio options > Audio devices, what is the Audio device selected for "Microphone" at the caller side.
Sometimes, the microphone selected will not be the correct one.

Ah. I realize now that my original post was confusing. I've edited in order to hopefully make it easier to understand.

External call participants can hear those of us using the 3CX client without issue, however, it is quite difficult for those of using the 3CX client to hear the other participant, across the board, regardless of where they are calling from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.