Low Voicemail Recording Level

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iamgreen, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamgreen

Hello,

I noticed that the recording level for voice mails is very low when sent as .WAV attachments to my SMTP mailbox. They are so low that when I play them back I crank the media player mixer up all the way and I can faintly hear the message. Has anyone seen this before?

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

can you tell me if that happens all the time with different users or is it just so now and then.
    Do you listen to the voicemail on the same computer as the 3CX system or do you listen to it on a computer where the message is mailed to. How is the voice volume level when you listen to it from a phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iamgreen

At this point it seems like a once in a while thing. I just left a voice mail for myself and the recording level was just fine.

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

take a look at the soundcard of you 3cx system if that volume is high enough. update drivers of soundcard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iamgreen

My 3cx server doesn't have a sound card.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

incoming stream is saved "as is". Do you have the problem with "music on hold is too loud"?

Thanks

7. iamgreen

Nope, the music on hold seems to work fine.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Do you hear the "high volume of noise" if you are talking with "source of low volume VM"?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.