Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Low Voicemail Volume

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cknott2243, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cknott2243

I am running v10 SP5 and the recordings are extremely low when played from any device. Is there a setting or something that can be changed to increase the audio/sound level of the recording? Normal calls answered do not have any sound issues with lowness so far so just seems to be VM.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. teichhei

It's amazing how this issue crops up over years and years.
    I found 3CX to be quite ignorant with some user requests.
    Just so that it is noticed, +1 for VM recording levels are too quiet.
    If I listen to a recording on my smartphone (volume cranked up all the way) I can only understand it in a quiet environment with my ear on the external speaker. On the SNOM phones I need to decrease the volume for the prompts and then crank it all up to understand what is said.
    I understand that the recording is not modified when it comes in, but fact is what ends up in an e-mail is not recorded loud enough. And I believe many users will agree.

3. mlump

mlump New Member

Do the calls come in over a VoIP provider or a PSTN Gateway. Most Gateways allow you to bust the Gain a little bit, this seems to help.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Other than adding some sort of AGC function to the voicemail (which might not be a bad idea), playback level will depend on what sort of level is coming in. Of course, the level/clarity that you will hear will also depend on the phone you are using, and be affected by any background noise, especially when not "in the office" using a standard desk set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.