Low volume on android phones

Discussion in 'Android' started by t_galownia, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_galownia

My apologies as am unable to find appropriate answer and am new to this.

I have 3cx on several android phones.

Droid 2 (Verizon)
    Evo 4G (Sprint)
    Kyocera Echo. (Sprint)

incoming call volume (voice) is barely audible on the Evo 4G and the Echo however on Droid 2 no issues with voice volume.

pbx is running on server 2008.
    pbx version is 10.0.24018.2322 v6
    android version is 1.3.4

I have tested numerous settings per other posts etc and nothing appears to be helping. I am solely using wifi and Callcentric is my provider.

I am not sure of what other information to provide. Again my apologies for newbness as I am not a book learner and am piecing this together as I go along.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

T

2. t_galownia

oooo sorry

I am using Cable modem so speed is not issue and I do have a static IP. Please advise of any other information that would be helpful.

There doesn't really appear to be any real connection issues with droid 2 nor connection issues with the evo and echo.

However sometimes I have noticed that if volume was not turned up fully on all sections of android sound settings that I am unable to hear whether I place the call or receive the call.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you've gone through the Android forum, you will be aware that the 3CX phone App does not play well with all handsets, as you've discovered. Many handsets have been "customized" at the request of the mobile provider, to include, remove (disable), or simply change the functionality of applications, when compared to a "bare bones" version. Since 3CX can't possibly test out the application on every single variation of handset available (in the world), there are bound to be some that experience various (and frustrating) issues. It appears that you have found a couple of those.

It's not to say that there may not be something that you can change to remedy this, but, unless you are willing to spend some time, or someone else already has, and is willing to provide a solution, you may be out of luck.

4. t_galownia

If you've gone through the Android forum, you will be aware that the 3CX phone App does not play well with all handsets, as you've discovered.Correct, , , thus the request for help. This forum is huge and full of information. So much so it is easy to miss at times. But yes. I searched and searched etc. before posting. Many handsets have been "customized" at the request of the mobile provider, to include, remove (disable), or simply change the functionality of applications, when compared to a "bare bones" version.Again True. but unless you are willing to put uip an entire list then please expect questions of this sort. Especially from us newbies who are trying to hard to learn from the masters. Since 3CX can't possibly test out the application on every single variation of handset available (in the world), there are bound to be some that experience various (and frustrating) issues. No one asked 3CX to do any such thing. Please . . . be reasonable. this is a search for knowledge and hopefully a friendly one at that. What I do know as I do work in IT however just not telecomm and networking as of yet, is that when you pose a question, you be specific. Generalites don't help. Especially when people have a tendency to brush over questions and answer them like the person who posed it had the very same personal knowledge base as them. If anyone had the knowledge of any specific handsets then yes that would be appreciated. A link to the answer. the answer itself. a link and clarification. ANYTHING legitimately answering the question or pointing in a proper direction is greatly appreciated by us newbs. . But please do not read into someone's newbness an asking of something unreasonable. no one suggested 3cx test every phone maker and model etc nor hold them up against each of the carriers. Please take the questions as posed as everyone has different personal knowledge base and way of asking questions. Clarification questions would be helpful. It appears that you have found a couple of those. Yes I have. . . and I may have a fix already but will save that answer until proven as I don't want to get my nor anyone elses hopes up.

It's not to say that there may not be something that you can change to remedy this, but, unless you are willing to spend some time, or someone else already has, and is willing to provide a solution, you may be out of luck. Ummm. if you only knew how much time I spent before posing such a quesiton. Please remember different people learn differently some can read a book and create a manual 20 times better than the original one. I however am not that lucky and have to go through all manually etc to actually understand without gaps. I do have several questions that if anyone has answers that would be greatly appreciated

Has anyone notieced a major difference in carriers or makers that is global to said carrier or maker?

ie do all sprint phones have issues with low sound ? which can be replaces with do all HTC phones have issues with low sound? (for example)

Is there any settings that are usually specific to any carrier or maker or model phone that is universal to that brand etc or is every single one hit and miss?

Thank you once again as you assistance in my learning journey is greatly appreciated.

5. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

As he said above, there is not much else to say.

6. t_galownia

Well I hope I am not the first one delving into these questions as I find it hard to believe these specifics like others have never been asked before however if I am the ground breaker stay tuned as I will supply my findings.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A lot of us Android users are still on our first handset and don't have the opportunity to test a number of them. I know that my HTC Desire doesn't have the low level issues that you are experiencing on two of your phones. I specifically chose that handset because it had been tested by 3CX and worked. When it comes handset replacement/upgrade time, I will again be sure to choose something that has been tested to work. It doesn't guarantee that it will, but at least it increases the odds.

Sorry

8. t_galownia

thanx for the info and no apologize needed in any way shape or form. was actually a big help. :)

I know I need to buy the full version as I don't know enough of this on personal knowledge base and have to sort it all out. what is software issue what is carrier issue what is phone model issue. LOL fun troubleshooting stuff.

9. jaskorhov213

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.