Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

LTE Based Connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 5ptscon, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5ptscon

Hello Everyone,
    I live in very rural America, we have a medium sized business and as soon as we got to using over 2 outbound lines we had to bow out of the 3cx system because our internet simply couldn't handle it at all. I am really interested in moving back to a 3cx system because it was really great for us. But nothing has changed on the internet front...I found the following Verizion product that has a LTE connection router...Has anyone used something like this to run the VOIP systems? LTE blows away our DSL internet. I pay for 25 up and 5 down but I have yet to see those speeds since upgrading a few months ago...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/4g-lte-router-with-voice

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've used the 3CX phone over LTE with no problems, but, as with any wireless device, overall quality depends on a number of factors, some of which may be specific to your particular location.
    Things like signal strength, time of day congestion, and back-haul capacity from the cell site to name a few.
    Keep in mind that LTE is still in it's infancy at the moment and there are a lot of promises thrown out there about speed that are achieved only under ideal conditions. Before signing any long term contract, try out the service, and make sure that you can cancel with no penalty if you are not happy with it. Be sure that you get that in writing.

3. 5ptscon

Are you talking about the phone system or the phone app that you've used? Verizion has an option for a no contract but you have to pay $199. I'd rather pay that than get in bed with something that wouldn't work.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've just used the phone app.

You may experience different results from someone using the same piece of hardware, on the same network, as other factors won't be identical. How much traffic (simultaneous calls, along with any other data) you plan on running, has to be considered as well.

If at all possible, see if they will allow you to do some testing over a couple of days. Be certain that they don't block, or in any way "hinder" VoIP services.

I'm not sure how Verizon structures their services but when working with one wireless provider (local wireless High-speed internet only), they did not provide a public IP per customer, it was a 192.168.xxx.xxx private IP, so there was no possibility to do port forwarding. I had to fight to get a public IP assigned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.