• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Lync and 3CX Softphone after SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

olt

Reaction score
I'm re-posting this from the blog comments http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-3/#li-comment-51399 to start a further discussion.

I asked
We use Lync and since v12 SP3 there seems to be a conflict in the audio handling between 3CX Client and Lync. When the user tries to answer a 3CX call (using the answer button in 3cx) and Lync is running, the remote caller can hear their voice but the 3CX user hears a dial tone from Lync. This worked fine in v12 before SP3.
Nicky Borg said:
About lync and 3CXPhone conflict – not a conflict at all. the conflict is caused by the administrator putting 2 phones on the users computer – 3CXPhone and Lync Client.
When you answer a phone call on 3CXPhone for example, you have a situation where 1 phone is busy (3CXPhone) and the other (lync), thinks that from idle it has to do something – so it opens the dial tone for you to make a call.

I can understand that this might be complicated but it's a situation that is likely to come up in real life more and more as customer move to Office 365 and want to use all the tools so we a resolution. Is there a work around?

Umm... on this cases you may also take a look of SimpLync, a plugin that will allow Lync Clients to connect to your 3CX transparently. Take a look of this video http://video.simplync.net

Current release uses 3CX to allow also the usage of RCC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.