• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MAC address not showing correctly with two phones on one ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim942

Reaction score
All,

I found a bug in the last last update where I had removed an extension and re-added to an extension that already had more than one phone. It was fine before I had done this, but this is an extension that I use to test my custom templates. After updating to last weeks update, removing and resetting both phones to factory and provisioning with the 3CX template, it is still doing it. Also, it will change back and forth between the MAC of the two (seems to display the last one that registers for both phones).

Both phones had displayed their respective MAC addresses correctly when freshly discovered, but now display one MAC address for both in management console. Both phones operate normally that I can tell.

Phones in question are Yealink T46G and T48G phones.

Reactions: DSXDATA
Moving the phones between extensions, and it is displaying the most recent MAC address registration to all physical phones with that extension. I can confirm this was not the behavior in previous 15.5 builds. It's possible that this was broken after the addition of Hot Desking in the UI, but I do not know.

I think this is still a valid use case as it is much simpler than a hunt group or other measures. It also would be much simpler than the Hot Desk feature as users can just sit down and call.

This happened with our phones as well, Yealink T22p, T23g, and Grandstream 1450, as of the newest 15.5sp4 update.
They show correctly in the drop down settings on the user extension, but the main management screen of all the phones show the same MAC (whatever phone is first in the drop-down) for more than one phone on a user extension.

Same bug here with Yealink T58 phones.

+1 for this.

Multiple remote phones connected to an extension, and 3cx shows multiple entries of same MAC address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.