Mac client users to choose keyboard shortcut for apps

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by keithcurtis, Aug 22, 2016.

Mac client users to choose keyboard shortcut for apps 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. keithcurtis

The keyboard shortcut (Command-3) for giving focus to 3CX is currently hardcoded into the app. This is system-wide, meaning that other programs which use that keyboard command lose that functionality. I can't think of any other program which assigns a universal keyboard command at the system level without the ability for the user to re-assign. Not even Apple does this, and they wrote the OS.

On the Macintosh Command-3 is used by many programs:

In the Finder, it changes to column view
    In Photoshop, it previews the second color channel
    In Illustrator, it Hides an object.

Although in some cases, these commands can be changed, they are thematically linked. Command-2,3,4,and 5 in Photoshop cycles through all the channels. In the Finder, Command 1, 2, 3, and 4 cycles through all the views. Changing one of these would require changing a whole suite of related keys. And for those of us who work on multiple computers (some of which do not have 3CX installed), requires shifting between key sets constantly.

This really is a problem that needs to be addressed.It can't be difficult to add this option. Please consider it.

Thank you.

rmulder and alpha17 like this.
  2. PhatPanda

Agreed, this is a big problem for us as well.

alpha17 likes this.
  3. alpha17

4. rmulder

+1 This shortcut is unacceptable. I have several other applications in which I need the command-3 shortcut !