Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Mac Client

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Stormryder, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormryder

We have been testing the 3CX service for about 2 months now and we are still having trouble with Mac Client calls between extensions. With pretty consistent results, when a call is place to extensions that are not on the same network, audio is only available for 1 side of the call. As soon as the call is terminated and attempted again, then 2-way audio is available. It's as if we need to wake up the recipient extension in order for communication to take place. It appears, though we haven't definitively concluded, that the problem has been fixed "internally" with client version 15.0.1.69. We are testing the system with a 3rd party hosting company so I don't know the various configuration parameters but I believe we are running V15 on Debian.

As far as I know calls to any and all other destinations are working fine, be Mac to Mac outside of our main office location are problematic. Any suggestions on how to clear up this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Braun

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Stormryder

So if i understand correctly the extensions in your office are all remote extensions connected to a hosted PBX. If that is the case is tunnel enabled for these extension under the extensions settings? Do you have PBX delivers audio enabled? If you do please disable PBX delivers audio and make sure that tunnel is enabled

3. Stormryder

Hello Yiannish,

We do have the option: Use 3CXTunnel when out of the office turned on. As for the PBX delivers audio enabled/disabled, I don't know what the status of that setting is as I believe that may be a server side setting that I don't have access to. Now I also just noticed that out of the 7 extensions we have configured, 5 of them have the SIP transport set to UDP while the other two are set to TCP. The two that are set to TCP are on the same network along with one of the other UDP configured extensions. The remaining 4 extensions are all independently connected from one another as well as the main "office". In all cases the Mac softphone extensions are remotely connected to the PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.