• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mac OS client

Status
Not open for further replies.

daktur

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I couldn't find the right forum to write so here I go again.

Has anyone else faced issue with sound quality on the Mac OS client? Is there any known fix or workaround for it?

Thanks a lot.

Anyone? Any clues?

Hello @daktur

There haven't been any known issues with call quality on Mac Os clients as far as i know so you we may need some information regarding the issue on order to be able to advise. Is the issue on a specific machine? Is the client local or remote to the server? What version is the PBX and what version is the client you are using? What codecs are you using?

Hi @YiannisH_3CX ,

I am running v15.5 with all remote extensions and the extensions are the latest 3cx softphone version using PCMU or PCMA codecs. I have 2 extensions only running Mac versions of the software and both simply cannot hear or be heard when placing or receiving calls. Sound chopped, low volume, many different issues.

I have tried many different settings, PBX deliver audio.

No issues with remote phones or Windows / Android applications even on Wi-Fi or 4G

Other software's are not an option since the remote locations has NAT issues and need the tunnel.

Thanks again!

I am guessing you have some type of headset attached to the Mac. If so please make sure that the correct settings are selected in the audio preferences of the client. Also try removing the headsets entirely and use the Mac's build in speakers and mic and see if that makes any difference. You can also try other headsets as well if available.

@YiannisH_3CX

They are using ms lifechat 3000 but different attemps were made with regular cell phone headsets and the built in Mac hardware and they all failed.

I am almost giving up to provide Mac OSX users service since I cannot work around this.

Thanks again.

Try dialling the 3CX echo service (*777) and check if you can hear your self clearly there. What OSX version are the users running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.