Mac/OSX Listen in / Barge in

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zanyzik, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanyzik

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to get the listen in / barge in feature to work with our 3cx phones. ( As it would be great to allow new staff members to sit at there desk and listen in on specific phone calls for coaching purposes. - saving us from having to run splitters and extra cables everywhere!)

Sadly I have been unable to get it to work as I cannot find a setting within 3cx that allows me to "attempt" to barge in within the 3cx client when another user is on a call.

I have granted permissions within the 3cx PBX to allow myself to barge in on others call's however I cannot seem to find the feature on the client (OSX).

I am unsure if it is supported on OSX maybe it is a windows only feature I have been searching for it on the 3cx website however I have not come across any clear information on how to use it or set it up.

You help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I am not using the same OS as you and you did not indicate the version of 3CX in use. The features you seek are only available in the PRO versions which have the features associated to running a call center. Assuming you have a PRO version, then you need to enable the specific functionality from with the "extensions" setting for the groups and member/manager of interest.

Once all is set, then I believe the presence aspect comes into play whereupon you right click on a call that is in progress and with the extension of interest and select your option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.