• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Mac softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2009

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Mac based softphone please. Im need it for testing purposes. (freeware)

Thanks

Hi 2009

Did you get any SIP Shoftware Client phone to use in MAc that can be connected to the 3CX Server PBX plataform in Windows ???

I have been searching and all I can find for mac are idependent SIP phones to make calls directly not to connect them to a PBX.

Please let me know your findings... will really appreciate it :D

Cheers

I did find one which worked well and that was isoftphone. Business version. Its free and easy to setup.

If you need any help just let me know.

Hi h2009

Once more thanks for the help, yes I have downloaded the trial version ( as I did not find any free version) and I got to configure it as an extension of my Windows 3CX PBX.
The only problem is that now my voice in the call has an echo with a delay of 1 sec. I mean when I speak I can hear my echo in the line... and the sound is quite worse than the 3CX Windows Clients I have in other windows machines. Do you know how to solve this situation with my mac?? Did you find this situation when you installed yours???.

I have tried another solution which is installing the 3CX Windows Client in my Windows I run in my Mac machine using Parallels... however I can hear people very well... they hear me "very very far"... Could you let me know how did you soved this situation if you faced it?

Thanks a lot mate

Cheers

What specification is your mac?
Are you running any VMware?
How much ram do you free (when using your normal applications)

Mine is 100% lag free, so im guessing its a program your running or even the spec of your mac?

Hi again

These are the specifications of my Mac:
MAC OS X Version 10.4.11

Name of the Model: MacBook
Identifier of the model: MacBook2,1
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor speed: 2 GHz
Númbers of processors: 1

Caché 4 MB
RAM Memory : 2.5 GB

Versión SMC: 1.17f0

Sudden Motion Sensor:
Estado: Activado

When I try the software you passed me for the Mac, I dont use any VM machine, all the properties (RAM, Processor) are dedicated to the MAC. This is when the sound is quite good, however I can hear the echo of my voice and also I realize that my voice has a delay of 1 sec -1,5 sec for the people I talk to, even I can hear them perfectly.

When I try the 3CX Client, I launch Parallels VM with a WXP OS with 1280 MB of RAM memory, I can hear people perfectly, and my voice has no delay... but people says that they hear me like if I was really really far from them...

Hope this helps??

Also, where did you get the free business version of this isoftPhone.

Thanks a lot h2009 I really appreciate your help.

Cheers

hi there,
Ah ok, I know what's causing your problem. Its nothing to do with the software or your computer spec. Its the feedback.

Basically (im using macbook) and i had the same problem the only way to solve it, is to either use headphones (to receive your audio on) or a dictated mic to speak into, away from your speakers.

The way the laptop is laid out, the speakers are feeding back into the mic. (although it doesn't happen when your using ichat - due to its filtering system). Sadly other than that your best bet is to turn the speakers way down, or try turning down the input level of your mic.

Let me know how you get on after trying that.

Hi there

Ok will try your suggestion, (makes sense :lol: ) even I already use headphones connected to my macbook I will try to reduce the input signal of the mic in the macbook, and see what happens.

The problem is like if I hear what I have said 1 secod after I speak, I mean, if I say "How are you doing?" I hear the whole sentence in a low echo a second after I started... and it seems that is the time the person in the other side of the line hears the voice and the sentence... thit is why I thought there was a problem with the isoftphone producing a "delay".

As I said will try your suggestion and let you know what I found :)

Thanks again

Cheers

How is the other person speaking to you? Could it be your feedback back to yourself on there end?

Hi there again

yes sounds like the feedback comming back to me. The other people they use a normal phone, with a standard phone line, but my voice gets to their side with a second of delay, and even for then the sound is quite acceptable, they hear my voice with an echo ( I have used two different sets of headphones with the same result)...

Also one second after I pronunce a sentence (Pretty much when the other side hears it) I hear it back much lower... which makes the call a little difficult to have.

This does not happen with a windows laptop, only with my MacBook. With the Windows client in a windows laptop, the sound, timing and voice is perfect....

Any idea of how I can get rid of this echo and delay with my macbook??... will be a pitty having a macbook that I can not use at work because if so I will be with no phone :D .

Hope my deatils are good for you to understand the situation... and thanks thanks a lot for your interest and help!!!

Cheers

Well personally, to solve my issue i used a USB mic. And there reduced alot. - But if yours going for this route you might as well get a headset, with speakers and a mic (usb) and that should completely stop it.
But short of doing that, i dont really know what to suggest - maybe try finding some other softphone for mac, or run windows on the mac and then the 3cx client (using parallels)

Sorry i cant be much more a help than that, its one of those areas which mac software is lacking at the moment.

Hi h2009
Could you please let know the settings you successfully used for isoftphone?
Thks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.