MacOS Sierra (10.12) Upgrade Breaks 3CXPhone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by caseyswoods, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyswoods

One of my users upgraded her Mac to MacOS Sierra (10.12). Here 3CXPhone software was working very well on OS X 10.11.

Her phone rings, but she can't answer calls. She also can't make outbound calls.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix in the works? Has v15 of the Mac softphone been tested with 10.12?

Thanks!

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Same issue here.

After the user upgraded his MAC to Sierra 10.12 the 3CX client for MAC starts very slow (> 10 sec.) and when it is running he can't answer or make calls.

One difference: He still run on 3CX v14.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sptnz

Exactly the same issue here. Multiple clients, multiple different installations. Hangs, doesn't answer calls, can't call out, presence hangs etc. I've tried resending the welcome email, re-provisioning the client etc. no joy. Raised a ticket with 3CX but don't seem interested either. Anyone else have a solution?

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi guys,
    I'm afraid MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) is not yet supported by the 3cx client.
    Please wait for an update to be announced through our Blogs / Release section.
    For now the latest version supported is 10.11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sptnz

Thanks PJ, good to know. Do your tech support know this? Not meaning to come across the wrong way, it would have been an acceptable answer rather than asking me to chase my tail with log files & diagnostics...

Any indication as to when the release will be?

6. jed

jed New Member

Hi

We are normally not working with MAC´s but has been testing one after your post here.

However it seems like the SoftPhone v 15.1.0.46 is working on macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1
    Will I be right to conclude that the 3CX SoftPhone works on macOS Sierra Version 10.12.1?

Just to be sure what we tell our customers...

Thank you in adance

/Jesper

7. agesen

We have been using 3CXPhone on MAC running MacOS Sierre with no problem.

Testet on both 3CX version15-SP2 & SP3

Regards

Nanna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.