Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Magicjack dongle used as ata for softphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Techyteen, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techyteen

Hey i know this is probably gonna be a stupid question but i was just wonderin is there a way to use the magic jack as an ata so that i can pass a call from the womdpws softphone pf 3cx to a normal landline phone and if so how

Im though is that in essence its an fxo and a ata with a tiger jet usb driver of some kind

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only "hack" I've ever come across, for a Magicjack device, is one to allow it (an expired device) to be used with Google Voice, and that was a while ago so I don't even know it is is still available. It wasn't free, and it was for the older, USB only, devices.

The Magicjack device is a proprietary ATA (FXS), not a gateway. You cannot connect an ATA to a PSTN phone line.

An activated MJ device can be plugged into a gateway (FXO port), allowing it to be used as a trunk in the 3CX PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.