Mailbox greeting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alex, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Alex

Hi

I am in the process of setting up 3CX, using a grandstream GX4104 IP.

I have sucessfully set up this device and got a mailbox working. I am not happy about the outgoing message and prompt to press £ to save message.
    Is there a way to change this so I can use my own out going message and not have the incoming message saved without the need for a key press?

Thanks

Alex

2. rquintens

You can record your own message by dialling 999, entering the extension code and voicemail pin. Press 9 to change your voice mail greetings.
    The user does not need to press pound after message. If they just hang up, the message is automatically saved.

Hope this helps

Regards

Raf

3. olicharl

Voicemail greeting

Hi,

Is there a way to specify a specific .WAV voicemail greeting for a defined extension ? Instead of dial 999 and record a personalized voicemail greeting... I'm asking this because I will ask to a professional studio recording to record personalized voicemail greetings for each extension.

Thanks in advance for your quick feedback !

Olivier Charlier

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Just record one to get the correct file name - it will also create the proper folders - 3cx\ivr\data\extensions\ something like that for the wav files to live.

Have a pro record the files and replace the greeting in the same folder. All Done!

I was going to do that for the DR as well with voice overs, music in the background etc. Then use the same music for the hold tune.