Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Mailbox without recording

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by computer130, Sep 29, 2017.

Mailbox without recording 4.9 5 7votes
4.9/5, 7 votes

1. computer130

Nearly all of our customers (medical) do not offer the option to leave a message on the mailbox.
    I always have to use the IVR to have an "Office closed" message.

But some have to record a new text every weak, so the customer must have access to the web manager.
    If i could use the mailbox it would be easier to manage this using the mailbox of the operator extension.
    He can use the web client then...

Why not offer the "do not record" option in the mailbox.

Chris

DasGP, PreviouslyAsterisk and frog like this.
  2. Silly English Kniggit

Agreed in principle - or just record the message, tell the caller they can't leave a message and leave a LONG LONG time before ending the recording so the caller gets bored and goes away.

Or build a CFD to deal with this need, inc changing the message. I have a client doing exactly that - they've built their entire call flow to deal with some really complex stuff for their entire year ahead within three hours of downloading the software. Once built, all changes will be done via dial-in without any programming needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mindstone

Yes, please give the "no recording" button

Oliver

4. PreviouslyAsterisk

Another vote for this. Recorded announcements mean that I have to continue running a FreePBX server to retain this functionality.