Mailserver

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robpemberton, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robpemberton

Does the mailserver work on the free edition?

I've configured the mailserver in general settings and set one extension to notify via email on a new voicemail. I'm not getting the notifications and I don't see anything in the log.

I'm running on windows server 2008.

thanks for your help

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html The chart seem to indicate that it should work. Double check your outgoing mail settings. Some people have had problems using "non standard" mail servers. It is strange that the log is not showing anything, perhaps the option has been changed recently.

3. comresource

comresource Member

The best way to test to by trying to send an email from the 3CX server via telnet using the same settings you have configured. On 2008 you will need to add telnet as a feature as it is not installed by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The 3CX MailServer works in the Free and Licensed Versions just the same.

The best way to try it out for yourself is to Enable E-Mail Notifications for an Extension and leave a VoiceMail.
    I've already tried this out and it works just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. robpemberton

Thanks for the responses.

I've tried using telnet - either I'm not using it correctly or the mail server does not support what I'm trying to do - so no luck there.

I've also tried to point it to my personal smtp server and still no luck.

I don't see any messages in the log that a message was sent or failed. Without that, I don't have a way to debug the issue other than just guessing.

I would be wonderful to have a button here to send a test message and report the response from the smtp server.

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can troubleshoot what's going on in the Logs folder: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXVoiceBoxManager.log

7. robpemberton

THANKS LeonidasG - !!!!!!!!!!!

My mistake was not having an email defined for the extension. It would be great if there was an easier way to find the log file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.