Main Number Setup?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vinriver, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinriver

I'm a newbie. I've looked up and down the manual, still could not find how to set the main number up. I've installed the software on my home computer. This is what my setup is going to be.

Home Setup..as the reps may take from either skype or mobile #

[main number] -->ext1 [skype no]
    -->ext2 [mobile no]
    -->ext3 [skype no or mobile]

Question: Do I provide my own voip or skype or landline for the main number? and where do I do this on the setup? :?:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At this point you can't register the 3CX softphone directly with Skype (you can run Skype through the 3CX PBX, as a trunk and then register as a 3CX extension). Skype does offer a SIP service for business, if you happen to have that then ....

You can only register with one VoIP provider/3CX at a time not three different numbers, three different providers.

You need to have a VoIP service provider (or 3CX PBX) to "point" the softphone too. It has to register with a provider that you have established service with. They have to have given you...a server address, a phone/user number and a password.

You can set up the 3CX PBX at one location and then remotely register as an extension at another location. The 3CX PBX can then have trunks connecting to a VoIP provider or trunks using a gateway to a telephone line.

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Install 3CX Demo (2SC) and the Skype Gateway. Then connect the 3CX Softphone to your 3CX box

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.