Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Main Voicemail/Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris W., Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris W.

I am able to setup one extension to each phone, with its own voicemail.
    Is there a way to setup main voicemail where few phones can access? Is there ability to have few phones with the same extension? I mean its not a big deal with extension as I can have ring group setup, my concern is that I would like to setup a front desk which will have one main voicemail instead of individual voicemails per phone/extension. Wonder if that is possible somehow or how people address such.

Many thanks for help

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

For group voicemail you have a few options:

Firstly this is the standard way of doing this with 3CX: https://www.3cx.com/docs/group-voicemail/

The only thing I would say is that the members get the VM via an email attachment only, so it can sometimes be difficult to tell who has dealt with which VM.

If you are not happy with this there is a work-around:

Create a dummy extension with voicemail, and create a secondary account on your phones that register to this "group" extension. On your phone ( tested with Yealink and others) you will see a MWI and when pressed the phone will prompt you with the number of voicemails assigned to your primary extension, and a separate entry for the number of voicemails in the 2nd account. The phone will allow you to pick the voicemail box of either account. When anyone listens to the voicemail, the MWI turns off for everyone so you don't have lots of people chasing the same voicemail.

3. Chris W.

Ok, I like the 2nd option for sure. but I am having issue setting it up, maybe I did not understand the steps.
    I did create dummy extension 03 with voicemail
    connected to my phone gui and I was able to setup 2nd line for that extension 03, it did register the phone and I can use that second line. but I am unable to see that second voicemail on that phone, when I did access voicemail its that primary extension voicemail that is only there.

I have Fanvil X5S phone that I am trying to set this thing on... not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Also this config I am doing directly on the phone web gui, is this where I should be for this setting? Or should I do it from 3cx console?

many thanks for this help, I so greatly appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.