• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved MAJOR HELP! 3CX domain is not showing on license and phone system won't register clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark@EvoIT

Customer
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Can someone at 3cx support please help me see what happend, think I did something with pbxexpress when signing up for a new PBX license for a new customer it started the process with a already in use license / FQDN like it was going to deploy a second PBX for that license / FQDN.

FQDN: can pm
DynamicIP on Gcloud: can pm

Is it going to refresh on it's own from the mistake, it didn't act up until just now. I can register my admin extension on the system swapping to that config on my 3cx windows app make outbound calls, etc. No phone in the office will register and they can't seem to get their apps to register.

Help would be immense on this, shows everything active and good, calls routing from SIP and they are leaving voice-mails but no e-mail delivery happening to the e-mail address (assume FQDN thing causing it).

Looking at customer portal I don't see the FQDN showing or the IP anymore :eek:.

Thanks,
-Mark

Attachments

• user.PNG
    user.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If the FQDN is not showing assigned to that license anymore would could I simply run a restore on that PBX that includes all the info from last night? Would that kick off some re-associate?

I would hope I don't have to install a brand new PBX, move the backup file, and restore to get that stuck together again. Thoughts appreciated guys.

Would restoring that backup on the current server with "license and FQDN" included in it (from last night) rebind that license and FQDN or talk back to 3cx in the process and do that?

Last edited:
If you have not done so already, log into the Management Console of the new instance you created and stop all services. If you can't login using the FQDN, try the IP of the new VM that was created ignoring the Cert error. Then go to Dashboard --> Services, select all services in one go and stop them.
Then login into the old/initial VM using the Public IP if the FQDN does not work again ignoring the Cert error and do the following:
  1. Settings --> Network --> General and set to Dynamic IP if Static, or to Static if its Dynamic, then press OK
  2. Dashboard --> Services, select all and press restart.
  3. Wait a few minutes and log in again.
  4. Allow another 10 minutes.
  5. Settings --> Network --> General and undo the change you made in #1, then press OK.
  6. Restart all services again.
  7. Wait another few minutes
After this running an nslookup against Google DNS for your FQDN, you should see the Public IP of the correct VM (the initial one):
nslookup my.fqdn.com 8.8.8.8

If this does not help PM me or YiannisH_3CX with the FQDN, Lic Key and IPs and we'll check whats going on.

If you have not done so already, log into the Management Console of the new instance you created and stop all services. If you can't login using the FQDN, try the IP of the new VM that was created ignoring the Cert error. Then go to Dashboard --> Services, select all services in one go and stop them.
Then login into the old/initial VM using the Public IP if the FQDN does not work again ignoring the Cert error and do the following:
  1. Settings --> Network --> General and set to Dynamic IP if Static, or to Static if its Dynamic, then press OK
  2. Dashboard --> Services, select all and press restart.
  3. Wait a few minutes and log in again.
  4. Allow another 10 minutes.
  5. Settings --> Network --> General and undo the change you made in #1, then press OK.
  6. Restart all services again.
  7. Wait another few minutes
After this running an nslookup against Google DNS for your FQDN, you should see the Public IP of the correct VM (the initial one):
nslookup my.fqdn.com 8.8.8.8

If this does not help PM me or YiannisH_3CX with the FQDN, Lic Key and IPs and we'll check whats going on.

Nick your a lifesaver! That took care of it and they are back and connecting!

Thanks for the quick shout out on this. Good info to tag if anyone has an instance like me where a pbx express / image deploy runs the same license and it pulls the FDQN off another PBX (it can happen) then we can get it synced back correctly without major headache.

if you keep both running, it will happen again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.