Make a call from CTI

Discussion in 'Windows' started by srjbrouwer, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srjbrouwer

L.S.,

Situation:
    Clients connecting externally
    Phones and Windows Client in different network
    Yealink Phones

-----
    Since v14 clients are unable to make a call through the CTI client, with or without the tunnel.
    On 12.5 this was working fine.

Did anyone manage to get this working?

Kind Regards,

Sander Brouwer

2. carolinainnovative

Second.

I have a remote phone for which I can no longer use 3cxphone to initiate a call - which means no TAPI or anything like that. The "makecall" feature has been removed - which is fine, it was always annoying to jump back and forth between in-office and out-of-office - but I would really like to figure out how, then, to make 3cxphone work again at this remote location.

3. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi there,

Make Call has been re-introduced in v14 SP1. CTI will only work if connecting remotely through a 3CX SBC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

14SP1 here, and CTI from my home office (remote extension, remote CTI) works to MakeCall either my SPA525G2 here.. or (finally! yay!) I can choose my office phone SPA504G instead.

The choice is good.. beforehand it would be "who knows!" for which handset gets the MakeCall.

CTI works without SBC just fine on a remote setup.

I have since then gone softphone at the office.. still prefer the 525 at home for some reason. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.