Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Make an auto dialer

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by AlirezaKeshmiri, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlirezaKeshmiri

Hello ,

I have Professional Perpetual 15.5.6354.2 License and I've decided to make an auto dialer by 3cx call flow for my office ,
    My final propose is that , make a outbound call and connect the call to the IVR (digital reception) .

but for the start, i want to make an simple auto dialer .
    So , i create a dialer project and set it to the power dialer .
    i put a make call component and set my mobile number to the destination number and for origin put the call queues number , for example 800 .
    i upload the voice app but unfortunately it isnt work well ...
    what happened ?
    at first, my agent sip phone is ringing and after answering the make call, the voice app make outbound call...
    but i need , make outbound call first ...
    Apparently , the settings of my dialer project are correct regarding to the https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-outbound-dialer/ and another source .

can you help me ?
    are there any essential setting for my project in call queues tabs ,outbound rules or other tabs ?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlirezaKeshmiri,

You need to configure the Origin and Destination the other way around. That is, set the Origin to your mobile number, and the destination to your internal queue number. This is because when you use the MakeCall component, the system will try to make the call to the endpoint specified as Origin first, and once connected it will try to call the Destination, binding both parts together.

Please give it a try.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,
    Thanks ,

you know ,I've tested both of them .
    yeah you right ,but when i put my mobile number to origin and my internal number to destination .
    my voice app doesn't work any more ...
    the voice app only work when i put the mobile number in destination....
    i checked the sample cdf for dialer and i know i have to put the external number to origin , but i cant get any response when i do that .

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's pretty sure due to how you have configured the outbound rules. If your outbound rules specify that they are valid for specific extensions, then they will not be used, because when the system makes the call with origin "MakeCall", that doesn't match any extension, so an outbound rule can't be found. You need to remove the extensions from the outbound rules, so they can be used for these calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,

you mean that ,
    my outbound rules should be empty ?
    can you tell me , if i need any other changes for my configuration ?
    for example , a basic configuration for a simple call queue as auto dialer ?

now, i removed my extensions from outbound rules , so my outbound rules is empty .
    i created a new call queue and just set these configuration in my new call queue :
    ---
    put 3 agents and i upload my cdf file
    ---
    but my dialer doesn't work ... :(

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Regarding the changes to the outbound rules, I mean that you need to leave empty the "Calls from extension(s)" and "Calls from extension group(s)":
    upload_2018-3-16_10-38-35.png

That way the outbound rule can be applied to the calls made by 3CX using the "MakeCall" feature.

Regarding the queue you create to upload your dialer, please note that you must not add any agent to it. A queue having a CFD callflow or dialer should be used only for that. If you need a normal queue with agents, please create another one.

7. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,
    Special thanks for your efficient guides ,

i can can get full response ! :):)

there are two important tricks :
    1 -in call queue , agents tab have to be empty
    2- in the dialer project have to create main flow which have a transfer component to internal number

in addition , in my case i create one outbound role and filled in call from extension as my call queue extensions number

Best Regard ,

8. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,

I faced to another problem in this project .
    I could make call and transfer to my extensions , but my getaways remains busy after end call .. :(
    Actually , after 4 call , all of my getaways leds remains red(busy) in spite of my auto dialer works finished and all calls end .

9. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlirezaKeshmiri,

The dialer instructs 3CX to make the calls. These are normal calls, so if the call end is not being detected by the Gateway, then that's something else. You should be able to reproduce the issue with normal calls as well.

Please open a new thread in the General forum to get help on this. A quick hint: please check the Supports RE-INVITE and Supports Replaces headers from the Gateway configuration. If you're transfering the calls internally, and those settings have the wrong values, you might get this call stuck issue. Try unchecking those options...

Kind regards.

10. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,

if we leave them empty the make call component can not make a call ,
    we should put them "MakeCall" in spite of extension number .
    then the make call could connect the origin to destination .

anyway...
    I still have a trouble problem with my auto dialer .
    I want to play advertising prompt to my customer by auto dialer when they answer their phone.
    but the prompt play as soon as the make call connect the origin to destination that causes to play my voice before the customers answer their phones ....

I assume the main problem is:

Calls transfer to the IVR or an extension as soon as the MakeCall component execute so a prompt in a IVR or another CDF will play immediately and the customers miss half of my prompt ...

I think ,if the make call component connect the origin to destination when the origin answer it's phone first, could help me . is it possible ?

11. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To avoid that you need to configure your Make Call component as follows:
    - Origin: External number
    - Destination: Internal extension of the IVR / CFD app

This way, the external number is called first, and when connected, the IVR/CFD app will be immediately called, and the prompt will start playing. The external user will not miss any part of the prompt in this case.

Kind regards.

12. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,
    exactly my configuration is like what you said .
    Here : 1111.png
    ext_app : is my extension number

but it doesn't work....
    what is the problem ?

13. AlirezaKeshmiri

Dear @edossantos ,
    2 days ago i decided to trace my gateways status , so i wrote these codes in Visual studio by 3CX API .
    Then, i understand that the external action connection status will change as Ringing to Connect immediately .
    For example, I try with my phone number as External number in my auto dialer,
    when my phone started to ringing the external action connection status changed to connected , in spite of that i didn't answer my phone ...
    so in this situation the CDF connect the origin to destination (IVR) before the customer answer it's phone .

My gateway trace code :

while(true)
    {

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
    foreach (var gt_i in PhoneSystem.Root.GetGateways())
    {
    foreach (var gt_ex in gt_i.GetExternalLines())
    {
    Console.WriteLine(DateTime.Now.TimeOfDay.ToString() + "," + gt_i.Name + ", Busy Line : " + gt_ex.GetActiveConnections().Length.ToString() + "\n");
    if (gt_ex.GetActiveConnections().Length > 0)
    foreach (var gt_ac in gt_ex.GetActiveConnections())
    {
    Console.WriteLine("Dial num : " + gt_ac.DialedNumber + "," + gt_ac.Status.ToString() + "\n");
    }
    }
    }
    } 1111.png

#13 AlirezaKeshmiri, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  14. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What do you mean by "it doesn't work..."? Is the outbound call progressing or not?

If the API tells you that the call is connected immediately, then that's a problem in the Gateway configuration, which is sending the connected signal immediately. We don't see that behavior with SIP trunks for example. Please check the Gateway configuration, maybe there is a setting to control that behavior.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.