Make beep optional in ring groups

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by cobaltit, Apr 5, 2018.

1. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So with the ability to add multicast ring groups via the provisioning page we are one step closer to removing a common need for custom templates. However a lot of our installs for stores and such included overhead paging as part of the ring group and most clients don't want that beep going out over the overhead paging. If we could make the beep a check box in the paging group that would be great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 cobaltit, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I'm confused a bit.
    Don't want what? We have Speakers as part of Multicast Paging Groups... Nothing beeps. Are you wanting to add a beep? The speaker I'll admit is manually setup as it is not an extension. It is just a Paging Endpoint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Sorry that was poorly worded. Basically 3CX sends a beep out when you configure a paging group. Most people don't care when it is just phones as part of the paging group but when you put in a paging adapter such as a Cyberdata then you get the beep going out over the overhead paging.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

hmm. no beeps on mine.