Solved make call doesn´t work

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Jan Koberg, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Koberg

I have the version 15.5.5 (Windows) and a Gigaset Pro as Dect basis.
    The description says that only makecall works. I'm aware of that. Only I have the problem that I do not even when dialing with the Windows client in CTI mode get the make call call.
    Is there a way to trace something? Calls are displayed in the Windows client. Everything else works wonderfully.
    I would be grateful for any idea. greetings Jan

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jan Koberg

Which GIgaset dect are you using? Is the device local and auto provisioned using the default template? Also what firmware is the dect running?

3. Jan Koberg

Hi, N720 Pro DECT Manager with 6 basestations N720 Pro firmware is 108. Provisioned using the default template and local.

4. poynter.net

Also have this issue, since installing the beta of sp2 the CTI client does nothing when you press the call button.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you upgrade to SP2 final and let me know if you still face the issue? Make sure that the phones and clients are updated to the recommended version for SP2.

6. poynter.net

Yes, SP2 already installed and same issue. Resolved by re-provisioning the phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved

8. Jan Koberg

I´ve upgraded to SP2 still the same problem. How is the makecall feature flow, does it use a special port? There is no error message, this is confusing me.

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you see presence on the client? Can the windows client and the Dect phone make and receive calls when not in CTI mode?
    The initial communication from the client to the PBX is through presence, then the PBX initiates a call to the phone. When the "Make Call" is answered the PBX will also call the called number and connect the 2. So if presence and calls are working then Make Call should also be working

10. Jan Koberg

Yes presence is working, calling and receiving call from softphone also. :( Is there a trace option? I don´t see anything related in Wireshark. On my private 3CX its works, but also tried to Trace with Wireshark. I don´t see the related packets since it uses https i guess.

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes unfortunately the communication is https and not visible in wireshark. From the pc where the client is, can you access the DECTs base web interface? Can you try a different device and see if that works?

12. Jan Koberg

Yes the web interface is reachable from the client.
    Also tried successfully a sip client (zoiper) which can call the DECT Handset.
    Make call does also work, if i switch the cti client to the sip softphone(zoiper). In call log (Management Interface) there are listings IVR (MakeCall) to the Dect Handset.

13. Jan Koberg

Next step was resetting the Dect Manager to Factory Defaults but this also did not bring the make call feature back. :( It seems that the call manager can't call the Dect in make call. All other calls from the PBX are just fine. Recording or playback of files are working.

14. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please check your inbox as i have sent you p.m. with some files i need to further troubleshoot your issue.

15. Jan Koberg

Yes now i am Successful. The problem is, that the logs don't point to the problem.

After reinstalling the PBX, the problem is still there.

The solution is to disable German: Gegensprechen !

I think the translation is a bit more meaningful in english.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't know what it does. Eventually a special header that causes the Gigaset to reject the Make Call feature.

Best Regards Jan

Tsialdartzis Kostas likes this.
  16. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Jan Koberg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.