Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Make Call - Outlook Dialer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by badsushi, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badsushi

I have been trying to use more features of the 3CX and have been using the outlook dialer a couple real annoying things -

1) When dialing from contacts it generates a "Make Call" which generates a call to my phone - (even with user intercom when dialing option checked in myphone) So I get a screen pop from my own extension calling my own extension -

2) Even worse I use the ring my mobile simultaneously option all the time - so every time I generate a call via the contacts I get a screen pop and it generates a call to my cell phone - wish there was a delay timer here for when I'm in the office.

3) I would love to hear ring back instead of Music on hold during the "make call process"

I was going to submit a few ideas to the ideas page but wanted to see if any of this could be fixed with programming.

I was wondering if anybody has a work around for these problems I'm experiencing.
    Thanks in advance, -Jake

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

2) I'd simply go into extensions--->forwarding rules--->from there you can customeize settings to ring desk phone first than cell phone after X seconds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sossie07

Hi all

I agree with badsushi, its annoying that using the outlook click to dial:
    a; first rings the phone and which I have to answer,
    b; then it puts me on hold while making the call

I can live with "a" ringing my deskphone, but "b" where is puts me on hold is very annoying as I always miss the first second of the call once its established.

I have had a look but couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to alter these settings?

cheers, Simon.

4. sossie07

Hi all

I agree with badsushi, its annoying that using the outlook click to dial:
    a; first rings the phone and which I have to answer,
    b; then it puts me on hold while making the call

I can live with "a" ringing my deskphone, but "b" where is puts me on hold is very annoying as I always miss the first second of the call once its established.

I have had a look but couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to alter these settings?

cheers, Simon.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it is you always miss one second of a call I never have that issue maybe there is some setting that needs to be tweeked. What that is if any I'm not sure if I were you I'd post and see what responses you get.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.