Make Call - Outlook Dialer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by badsushi, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badsushi

I have been trying to use more features of the 3CX and have been using the outlook dialer a couple real annoying things -

1) When dialing from contacts it generates a "Make Call" which generates a call to my phone - (even with user intercom when dialing option checked in myphone) So I get a screen pop from my own extension calling my own extension -

2) Even worse I use the ring my mobile simultaneously option all the time - so every time I generate a call via the contacts I get a screen pop and it generates a call to my cell phone - wish there was a delay timer here for when I'm in the office.

3) I would love to hear ring back instead of Music on hold during the "make call process"

I was going to submit a few ideas to the ideas page but wanted to see if any of this could be fixed with programming.

I was wondering if anybody has a work around for these problems I'm experiencing.
    Thanks in advance, -Jake

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

2) I'd simply go into extensions--->forwarding rules--->from there you can customeize settings to ring desk phone first than cell phone after X seconds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sossie07

Hi all

I agree with badsushi, its annoying that using the outlook click to dial:
    a; first rings the phone and which I have to answer,
    b; then it puts me on hold while making the call

I can live with "a" ringing my deskphone, but "b" where is puts me on hold is very annoying as I always miss the first second of the call once its established.

I have had a look but couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to alter these settings?

cheers, Simon.

4. sossie07

Hi all

I agree with badsushi, its annoying that using the outlook click to dial:
    a; first rings the phone and which I have to answer,
    b; then it puts me on hold while making the call

I can live with "a" ringing my deskphone, but "b" where is puts me on hold is very annoying as I always miss the first second of the call once its established.

I have had a look but couldn't find anything. Is there anyway to alter these settings?

cheers, Simon.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it is you always miss one second of a call I never have that issue maybe there is some setting that needs to be tweeked. What that is if any I'm not sure if I were you I'd post and see what responses you get.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.