Make incoming calls in SIP trunk look like lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LeanMartijn, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeanMartijn

I'm creating a new setup with 3CX Pro and SNOM D765 desktop phones.
    We have one SIP trunk supporting up to 4 simultaneous calls.

Up until now the client had a NEC Univerge SV8100 system with 2x ISDN-2 connections.
    The incoming calls showed up as 4 lines, each under it own function key on the desktop phone.
    It was easy for the receptionists to put a line on hold and get back to that same call by pressing the blinking line key.
    Also, when a receptionist put a call on hold to help a customer, she could tell a collegue to pick up 'line 3' from another phone.

Is it possible to show the incoming calls as seperate 'lines' somehow? Or is there another way?
    Also, when a call is on hold on a certain phone now, it seems there is no way to take that call out of the queue from another phone.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @LeanMartijn

You can accept multiple calls on the phone using 3CX and they will show up on the phone as the calls are coming in. But in order for a different extension to be able to get a call that is on hold you will need to use shared parking. You can provision Parking slots as BLF keys on the phone so when a call comes in the receptionist can press on a shard parking key and the call will be parked in that spot. Then anyone who has the same parking BLF provisioned on their phone can see that the BLF key has a parked call or the receptionist can say pick up call from Shared parking 1.

3. LeanMartijn

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

Okay, so shared parking is the thing I need. I will have a look in the manuals and the forum.
    Thanks for the quick response!

4. LeanMartijn

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

I can park calls. I have enabled parking in the extension rights. When i press the transfer button and *00 on the first phone, the call will go into parking slot 0, then on another phone i can resume this call by dialing *10. So that works.

But now how do I get this function in a BLF on my SNOM phone?
    I cannot figure out how o crop the *00 and *10 for 'get in' and 'get out' under one BLF.
    Also I want the BLF to blink on all phones where this slot is configured.

5. LeanMartijn

Solved it! Under funtion keys, you have to select the type 'Park+Orbit' and then use number SP0, SP1, SP2, etc.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that Parking orbit and shared parking are 2 different things.
    To use the SP1,SP2 etc you will need to park the calls using these keys as well.

7. LeanMartijn

There is one last issue left now: When multiple inbound calls are made, you cannot see how many calls are in queue. Only the extensions identity button is blinking. Is there any way to make clear that there are 2 or 3 calls still waiting in queue, just like the 'lines' blinking in the old ISDN situation?

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Not using the default configuration of the PBX. You can however use the 3CX client either for windows mac or the web client and use the switchboard to monitor all calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.