Make "missed calls" more intelligent

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lev, Apr 7, 2016.

Make "missed calls" more intelligent 4.9 5 35votes
4.9/5, 35 votes

1. Lev

Lev New Member

In my daily worklife i frequently experience missed calls", which are not acutally missed.
    It is then hard to differ between calls, that i should call back or not. Often i end up with a customer on the other end, that had his Problem already solved with one of my co-workers (but then, sometimes, they still cost me a few minutes, because some people just like to talk much... :roll: )

From my experience those "false positives" are often created by calls:
    - that are successfully forwarded (to my gsm)
    - which where successfully picked up after x tries
    - which where hanged up after 1-2 seconds ("not serious call")
    - which where picked up by a co-worker after the customer tried another extension

Solution(s):
    1. Make successfully connected forwarded calls not a missed call.
    Forwarded calls, which where not connected, should, of course, still be shown as "missed".

2. Gather missed calls from the same number and just add a number count to it, at least when they happen within a specific amount of time (e.g. 15 minutes).

3. While within this "retry threshold", retried calls (even when customers try another extension) should be marked as "dealt with" (or be deleted from missed calls), if they successfully connect.

ecom2, Saulius Balciunas and aditel like this.
  2. r.towle

i posted a similar post to this.
    will be up-voting as the "missed calls" when they're not actually missed is annoying......

3. Gregpearce

+1 Vote

This seems to obvious to be a problem, surely there is a workaround?

How will staff know if the call was actually for them?

4. actbig

I agree. Specially for Ring Groups it would be nice to know who get the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jonot

I agree, we have had to use call queues to get around this problem, it would be nice is missed calls did not come from ring groups.

6. daphi

Absolutely: it would be good to be able to disable the missed call in case it is coming from a ring group or a redirection.

Use case: A call is redirected to a ring group in case of an "not responding" from a particular extension. There should be an option to ingore this.

7. DovydasJ

8. rlanier

This is also a problem when using the client and your deskphone. If a call is answered on your deskphone missed call shows on your 3cx client app for your smart phone and vice versa.

9. AlexHeylin

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

not on the latest version....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. rlanier

Nick,

The call no longer shows a missed call on the desk phone if the call is picked up on the 3cx client. However, if you answer on the handset, the missed call notification still appears on the client application on your mobile device. The desktop client does not have this same behavior even if using in softphone mode.

Current version being used is ver.15.2.4.122 *** on iOS Client***

Using 3cx v15 SP4 15.0.60903.0 ***

#11 rlanier, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  12. techsolutions

Calls moving from one queue to another still show as abandoned. This is same call so should not show as abandoned.

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Missed call email notifications are not sent for Ring Group calls that are answered by another member if using the Ringall strategy. That the IP Phone shows it potentially as a missed call is something thats inherent in the design of SIP.

#13 Nick Galea, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  14. Saulius Balciunas

Nick,

Can we expect improvement on "abandoned" calls management?
    Many of my customers ask to improve queue missed calls management.
    Most popular requests:
    1. Group missed calls at least during same day;
    2. If customer was serviced after retrial call, previous calls should be marked as "dealt with"
    3. If agent redials to missed call and there were multiple missed call records, all should be marked as "dealt with"

Please let our customers to be more happy with 3CX and we will sell more :)

#14 Saulius Balciunas, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018