Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Make Mute ring tone button that remembers last preference for 3CXPhone on windows.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by michaelwilson, Jul 21, 2017.

1. michaelwilson

While using the newer version 3CX Phone for Windows on V15 I noticed there wasn't a button on the application to mute the ring tone. Our users use the 3CX Phone for Windows for journaling with outlook. The journal feature, is the handy feature which adds contacts automatically to outlook. At the same time, users have Skype, Slacker in the background playing music or whatever suits their fancy. Now if they forget to turn down the volume in Windows volume meter, for the 3CX Phone for Windows, a loud ring tone blasts across all the cubicles in our office . On Windows every time you restart the 3CXPhone for Windows you have to reset the volume. This becomes a huge hassle for office workers who are extremely busy. Lastly, it requires installation of the product and journaling in the long run, after they weigh the pros and cons of the application. We use Skype still because I am having a hard time selling 3CXPhone for Windows because of little details like this. I have even tried un-checking the "allow programs to control sound" option, but whenever I restart the 3CX Phone for Windows the volume is back on full again.

Thanks for your time!