Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Make Queue behave like Ring Group?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dig1234, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dig1234

Is there a way to get a queue to ring all extensions even if they are busy ? Currently if a queue member is on the phone and a queue call comes in it will only ring the free extensions. I understand this makes sense in a call center setting but in a small office what if someone is on a personal call and wants hang up as soon as a more important call comes in...

I recently switched from ring group to queue in order to utilize the login/logout feature. With the ring group I was able to configure the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP setting but this doesn't seem to affect the queue. Is there a workaround to get the best of both worlds: the login/logout feature of the queue and the forced ringing even if busy of the ring group? Or is that too much to ask ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The whole idea of a queue is that you expect more calls than you will have agents, so it provides a way to hold the caller, then sent the call to the first idle agent. It is expected that the idle agents are going to be able to focus on the caller. Changing how a queue operates, might be a bit much to ask for.

If this happens on a regular basis, I would create a second extension key on each set. Put those extensions in the Ring Group, they could be made to block any outgoing calls so that they would be available only for incoming . If the person was using their main extension number and wished to take a ring group call, they could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.