Make Voicemail Prompts Easier to Navigate

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by all22, Apr 26, 2016.

Make Voicemail Prompts Easier to Navigate 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. all22

The current prompts/button mappings inside a user's mailbox are less than user friendly and require too many steps to perform basic navigation of one's personal mailbox.

Need to streamline the menu prompts/button mappings inside a user's mailbox to make it easier to navigate and retrieve messages. Most cell phone providers have streamlined prompts/button mappings making it quick and easy to listen and delete voicemail messages.

Example:
    Once you delete a message in your mailbox, you should not have to push another button to listen to the next message in your mailbox. It should automatically advance to the next unheard message.

Below are some flow chart examples of voicemail systems that are easy to navigate through that you may want to mimic:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/sup ... ions_3.pdf
    https://www.thiel.edu/assets/documents/ ... erence.pdf
    https://www.customerservice.att.com/ass ... _guide.pdf

Lhebas likes this.
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others but personally, I find the 3CX voicemail pretty straight forward. There is really no learning curve as it is all voice prompts, so you don't have to refer to a chart for any functions.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

agree. and never heard a peep from my users about this functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One problem with that, for users in a business environment, is that they may still be making notes regarding the previous message therefore not be ready to proceed to the next. Some don't like to be rushed, then have to pause and "rewind" because they missed something.

5. infinity12

Any update on this?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It has 1 vote... not sure 3cx will do much if it isn't a huge ordeal for other users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Lhebas

Totally agree with all22.
    Voicemail usage is quite unfriendly and even if I'm an IT pro, I still think it could (should) be easier to use with a mapping like this :
    Call voicemail then :
    immediately : You have X new messages. Message received on....
    then, while listening the message
    1 : rewind from the beginning
    2 : saves the message and jump to the next
    3 : deletes the message and jumps to the next
    4 : recall
    5 : ....

and then, customization options are actually hard to remember too.
    What is the choice for the (most) common option used : change the welcome message ?
    5 actually ?
    I think it should definitely be for example in choice 2 (for "options") then 1 (for "change you welcome message").

The advanced options like profile, ID change and other not-so-often used options might be grouped behind the '3' (for "advanced options") choice for example...

8. dab

dab

+1