• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Making a Outside Call using 3cx Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfjacques

Reaction score
Hi there, I could say I am a total "ignorant" person when we talk about VOIP and IP PBX but I am trying to learn as much as possible. We are considering at our company to buy 3cx phone system, but I am not being able to do basic thing such as make a outside call....I will use Skype SIP, I have credits, I have a local number, I think I configured that correctly but it doesnt work, when I try do Dial (I think I am doing correctly) it gives me an error, so, I would ask for some good soul to tell me step by step what and how should I configure 3CX to, using Skype SIP, make an outside call to a land line phone...can someone help me or tell me where I can get good instructions on how to do it ?

Just as information, I created the VOIP Provider for Skype SIP following it's instrucions, the phone number Skype Assigned to me is +552137173234 (I have no idea how to configure this number) the Auth ID is: 99051000121855 and the password is the one Skype gave to me I didnt change. I saw the tab outbound parameters, but I have no idea how to configure that and also I am not sure if that is necessary.

What I did else was I created an Outbound rule ( I assumed that I need that to do calls to real phone numbers, but not sure) basically I setup the extensions to 100-104 (I only have those configured), the number prefix is 8 ( I think, if I am not mistaken this is the number I have to dial for the system to understand it should call an outside number using Skype SIP), number lenght I put 15, I have no idea how to use it, and the stip digits is 1 as I understood I have to remove the number 8, so skype will get only the 15 number I dial after the 8, but, after doing that restarting the service, that doesnt work...I need some help !

Thanks in advance,

Cristiano

Is the Skype trunk showing on 3CX as registered?
Do you know exactly what digits (how many and the format) that Skype wants?
Post a 3CX log (Verbose mode is best) from when the extension dials the digits to where it fails. You can X out anything that you deem to be security sensitive but leave enough so that we can figure out what is going on.

I think I figure what's going wrong, I found a tutorial explaining different ways to place a call and I noticed that where I put the number 8 to inform that it would be an outside call, should be 011 that is the Skype initial numbers for calls, then the following numbers like 011 + country code (55) + area code (21) + telephone number (8 digits), so in my case I had to get rid of the 011, so I excluded the 3 numbers and the final number was 552123456789, so it worked.

My problem now is different, I have a PSTN device a SPA-3102 and I followed the 3CX configuration without a problem, at the Ports/Trunks Status I can see the PSTN green and REgistered, but when I get the phone, there is no signal and the only sequence of numbers that works is the **** that brings the menu...I dont know how to make a call to the land line or via 3CX..any ideas ?

Thanks,

Cristiano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.