• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Making an attended transfer using the assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas

Reaction score
Hi all! I know this has been discussed before, and I read a number of posts on the subject, but they are all from some time ago and I am not sure if what I am about to describe can be achieved.

Using our current PBX attended transfers work like this:

I am speaking to Client, and need to transfer the call to Bob at 501. On my phone I dial *501# and Client is put on hold (hears music) and Bob phones rings.

When Bob answers I can ask him if he wants to take the call. If he says yes, I just hang up and Client is connected to Bob.

If Bob says no I press * and I am connected back to Client.

(incidentally, if I want to do a blind transfer I just hang up while Bob's phone is ringing, and Client is connected to the ringing phone)

How do I do this?

I apologize in advance if I missed the point entirely, your guidance will be greatly appreciated!!

I am not sure I get what you want?

Blind and Attended transfers depend on the phone model as to how you use them.

With the assistant you can also right click on the call and click transfer, but that is a blind transfer as far as I know.

does that help?

Thanks Mark,

in a way it does, because I had not got the point that the transfers are phone-based. In our current PBX they are PBX-based, so to speak, as they are made by way of special digits sequences (for those phone which have no transfer button, as we use either softphones or regular cordless phones attached to ATAs, FritzBoxes in the specific case).

It would be very helpful to be able to make an attended transfer from the assistant in the same easy way you do the drag and drop. I guess I could park the call, call the other extension, then pick up the parked call and do the transfer, but it's a bit more lengthy that I had hoped...

Thanks for your input!

post it as a feature request at http://3cx.ideascale.com and it may get implemented.

Oh, that is SO cool... just done that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.