• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Making calls Peer to Peer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfulford

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help.

I am testing the 3CX platform at the moment and I have only one problem. I have an E1 gateway registered to the 3CX (as well as some analogue gateways, a softphone and IP phone.

I also have a SIP carrier interconnect (which you do not register to). I can make calls from the E1 gateway to the SIP interconnect no problem but I cannot get these calls to route peer to peer. The calls transit (proxy) the 3CX.

However I can get extension to extension and extension to ATA gateway calls to go peer to peer.

I only want the 3CX to carry the signalling and the RTP stream to go directly from the Quintum to the Interconnect. Both the Quintum and Interconnect support G723,G729 (hence my interest in getting this to work), as it will reduce bandwidth and latency.

Does anyone know how I can get the 3CX to get these calls to go Peer to Peer.

thanks

If I understand you right, you just need SIP proxy between Quintum and Interconnect, am I right?

Yep - I need a SIP proxy between the Quintum and the Interconnect.

Or in other words for these calls, the 3CX to proxy these calls.

Thanks

3CX is not "just proxy". It's switching "device". And it has rules to switch, and these rules get controlling data from database.
Btw, how are you expecting to dial number which should be passed to interconnect? I mean, first, caller dials a number which goes to 3CX by E1 thru Quintum. And than? How to dial outgoing number?

During call setup the proxy should send back a message to the originating gateway with the IP address for the RTP stream. (The originating Quintum and terminating Interconnect handshake and negiotate codec).
There is no change to the dialled digit string.

It happens in the same way that two extensions can establish an RTP stream between them (peer to peer). I am trying to understand why the 3CX will not do the same for what are effectively gateway to gateway calls.

I have this working on another proxy (with PBX functionality) but it is nowhere near as user friendly as the 3CX.

Hello,

I got peer to peer working now by setting up the VoIP interconnect as a gateway (and not as a VoIP provider). All calls are now going Peer to peer - between all gateways and extensions.

Thanks

kfulford said:
Hello,

I got peer to peer working now by setting up the VoIP interconnect as a gateway (and not as a VoIP provider). All calls are now going Peer to peer - between all gateways and extensions.

Thanks

It is very difficult to separate "consumer" and "provider" in context of "SIP", it is completely "fuzzy" :)
Anyway, these two roles are separated in 3CX PBX.

Thanks a lot for information!
Stepan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.