making calls to another extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamsu, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamsu

I am trying out 3CX before actually implementing it for use in our office. I currently installed 3CX onto a computer in my office. All ports are open. I've created two extensions and have installed the voip client on two of my computers at home. I've set up both to connect remotely by putting in the IP address of the computer at work, extension number, and pin number and enabled the STUN server. When i look in the 3CX admin page, I show that both extensions have been registered successfully. However, when I try to call one extension by dialing 1001 (one of the two extensions) and making the call, it rings on my end, but when I look on the other computer it does not show any indication of an incoming call and shows "idle" I've tried this both ways with the same results. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    welcome to 3CX
    Try to use vpn to solve all nat issues

3. adamsu

Thanks for the suggestions, however, we are the ISP of our network (I work in the department of a university that manages the internet connectivity on campus) . Like I said, we do not block any ports and every computer that connects to the network is given a public IP address. We do not use any sort of NAT. I will try running the firewall check and post the results. Thanks again!

4. adamsu

The results show everything open. the only thing that's failing is the fact that its on a public IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.