Making operator a ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

I need for when someone presses * in a voicemail recording to dial a ring group. If I put the ring group number in for the operator it says its invalid.

So i created a bogus extension, set its away forwarding option to ring the ringroup and set the extension to away. If I dial that extension internally it rings the ring group.

If I set that bogus extension as the operator extension and press * in a voicemail message it puts me on hold but never actually rings the ring group.

Anyone know how I could pull this off?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nbailey

nbailey Member

This works for me, if I setup my bogus extension as unregistered because it is not registered to any device, and then change the available settings under if the phone is busy or unregistered I set it to forward to an external number but enter my ring group extension number. Call Voicemail and hit * and it rings the ring group everytime. Try this method see how it works for you.
    Things I did:

Operator extension = 104
    ext 104 is unregistered and set to forward to external number = 802 my ring group ext number.
    hit * in voice mail msg and it forwards to my ring group correctly.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Thanks for your response. It seems that even though I had it set to "away" it was still using the available setting. I did like you said and chose external number rather than send call to the ring group and this worked. I am guessing because the phone is not registered it does not use the "away" setting?

I am not sure what you mean by setting up the bogus extension as "unregistered" though. I could not find any setting for unregistered.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

don't worry about unregistered, if it is a dummy extension you obviously are not going to assign it to a phone device. I got off topic there. Keep it as it is and it will work.

Thanks,
    Nate

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Cool, Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.