Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Management Console - Slow response or not responsive

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hccj, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hccj

Lately, my 3CX Management Console, when accessed from a browser (Mac OSX 10.9, Safari - all latest versions) has been either very slow in responding, and randomly unresponsive.

Sometimes I cannot login (login page is a blank screen). And sometimes I can login, but changing to different sections of the console just shows the spinning/lines icon. Sometimes it works with a delay, and sometimes I just need to wait it out overnight or a few hours.

The phone system is otherwise fine, and if I login to the actual server and access the Management Console locally, everything is responsive and fine.

I had thought it may be a DOS attack, and had already closed the port forwards on the firewall.

Network traffic, and CPU usage are ruled out.

Has anybody had this issue before?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Have you tried using Chrome for Mac instead?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hccj

I have tried using Chrome. Both on my client computer, and on the 3CX. And the web interface would be very unresponsive.

Sometimes, while the window is open - it would show the spinning circle and become unresponsive. Trying to reload the page, or access on any computer including the server does not successfully load.

In most cases, there appears to be something loaded (I see the progress bar move about 25%), but it doesn't go much further.

Through this time, the configuration interface is still working on the server Console (not web).

Leaving it alone for a day usually will cure the problem for a while.

There is nothing else apart from 3CX running on the server. I'm using the paid version, and default Abyss web server. Windows 7 x64, running under VMWare ESXi. All other VMs are running fine, and there is plenty of memory and resources to go around. The 3CX VM is otherwise very responsive to other tasks - to rule out the virtualization environment.

Any other potential causes I may investigate?

4. hccj

Bumping thread.

Would it be worth the time to upgrade everything to Windows Server and use IIS for the web server, rather than the bundled Abyss web server?

5. intellegens

I would certainly recommend using IIS

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The OP is running Windows 7 x64 under VMWare ESXi and as you know on Windows client operating systems you must use Abyss. For all server operating systems IIS is recommended.

@hccj
    Have you thought about a backup - reinstall - restore action to solve the issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hccj

I haven't considered re-installing from a backup yet.

The issue happened again, and the webui had become complete unresponsive with no error code. I logged onto the server and manually restarted abyss from the native abyss admin page, and it's working again.

I think it's some config with abyss that is creating the problem. Will try to narrow down next time this happens and keep everyone posted.

8. hccj

Disabling the anti-hacking feature in Abyss seems to help. The logs show possibly that the Polycom phones I'm using might be sending an invalid request for config. info.

Haven't taken the time to understand everything yet, but the web UI is behind firewall. So this beats having no webUI or restarting abyss every 5mins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.