• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Managers - download their departments call recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZabudske

Forum User
Reaction score
I am looking for information / instructions on how to set up the following...

All each manager of their department to download and listen to just the people that they supervise over.

I dont want to give managers the admin/administrator account to 3cx and just limit their access to that.

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately there is no feature like this built into 3CX, however you can suggest it in the Ideas forum for possible implementation in the future. For our deployment to accommodate this I had to setup a network share which included the 3CX recordings folder, and used Active Directory to setup security groups adding individual extensions the permissions for corresponding manager.

I encourage you to take a look at our 3CX Recording Manager add-on. Using our add-on, a user can login to a web portal, and based on extension group membership, and whether the logged in user is a manager of the extension group, it will either show only their own recordings or if a manager all recordings made by members of the group the user manages. Once logged into the web portal, users can listen to recordings right from within the browser, scrub around in the recording to find the part of the recording they are interested in, download, email, score how the agent did handling the call, and add review notes. We can also archive the recordings to an alternate location (off the 3CX server if you choose), and compress the recordings to 1/4 the original size. Using either the 3CX or VoIPTools retention policies you can manage your storage space on the 3CX server. I think our tool will do what you need, and considerably more.

Hello MrZabudske,

Recordings can also be accessed via call reports. You can grant access to the management console but limit your managers the ability to 1. manage own extension and 2.Generate call reports & download records.

Note that the suggestion above will grant access to call reports and all recording but not administrative rights to the MC.

Last edited:
If you have access to reports, then you have access to all recordings, right? That's precisely what MrZabudske is trying to avoid. We don't want group managers listening to the CEO's recordings or to Human Resources.

Reactions: Francois_Kolibri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.