• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Managing Personal Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEFIT

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to 3CX and would like to pick the brains of the more experienced 3CX users on this forum before reinventing any wheels.

Our organisation currently provides two pin codes per user for an existing PBX system, one for personal calls and one for business. The idea being that the user would use the appropriate pin to allow accounting to distinguish between personal and business calls so that the former could be billed for at month-end. Now while the effectiveness of this practice is debatable, it seems to work for the most part and we would like to retain a similar approach for our shiny new 3CX SBE system.

The thing is, it doesn't appear as if 3CX supports security pins for this purpose, so we would most likely have to resort to multiple SIP accounts per user and use multi-SIP IP phones to allow user selection as appropriate.

I'd like to confirm whether this is the way to go, or whether there are better ways to skin this particular problem.

Thanks in advance,
Byron.

Hi Byron,

We do not support PIN codes for calls but you can use billing codes to tell what call is what. When you dial a number like the following 99555555**111 now the ** tells 3CX that 111 is a billing code. It is stripped when the call is made but shows up in the call reporter as 111 = billing code and it is displayed here. So you could setup 123 for personal and 111 for business and dial the number as I showed above.

Thanks,
Nate

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the quick response. This is an option I hadn't considered before, but will give it a try and let you know how it goes 8)

Regards,
Byron.

Hi Byron,

Glad to help, do let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,
Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.