Manual call forwarding on v6?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jcasanova, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcasanova

Hi everybody.

I have a client that is on 3CX v6. It's a doctor's office which has varying hours each week. They need to be able to activate call forwarding to a mobile number when the office closes, however. We have opted to leave them on 3CX v6 because they did not want to pay for a license and need the 8 simultaneous calls offered with v6 over the v7.

Ideally, I'd like them to have to dial a system prompt number, like for example they'd dial *72 and then the number they want calls forwarded to.

Currently calls come in like this:
    Trunk --> Digital Receptionist (just a greeting) --> Ring Group #1 --> Ring Group #2 --> Ring Group #1 etc. etc.

It just goes between two ring groups with a 5 second ring time. We had to set that up because they receive a LOT of calls in the morning and if the ring time for the group is too long and a call ends and the phone is put back onto the hook it doesn't start ringing until the next ring group rotation.

Each ring group contains the same 4 extensions that range from x4000-x4004, they are all Linksys SPA942

Anyway, I need a simple solution for them. I'm not really sure how to go about it. I have a few ideas but I don't know how viable/professional/easy they would be. So I'm coming here for suggestions and to hopefully get some food for thought.

Thanks everyone,
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.