Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Manual call forwarding on v6?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jcasanova, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcasanova

Hi everybody.

I have a client that is on 3CX v6. It's a doctor's office which has varying hours each week. They need to be able to activate call forwarding to a mobile number when the office closes, however. We have opted to leave them on 3CX v6 because they did not want to pay for a license and need the 8 simultaneous calls offered with v6 over the v7.

Ideally, I'd like them to have to dial a system prompt number, like for example they'd dial *72 and then the number they want calls forwarded to.

Currently calls come in like this:
    Trunk --> Digital Receptionist (just a greeting) --> Ring Group #1 --> Ring Group #2 --> Ring Group #1 etc. etc.

It just goes between two ring groups with a 5 second ring time. We had to set that up because they receive a LOT of calls in the morning and if the ring time for the group is too long and a call ends and the phone is put back onto the hook it doesn't start ringing until the next ring group rotation.

Each ring group contains the same 4 extensions that range from x4000-x4004, they are all Linksys SPA942

Anyway, I need a simple solution for them. I'm not really sure how to go about it. I have a few ideas but I don't know how viable/professional/easy they would be. So I'm coming here for suggestions and to hopefully get some food for thought.

Thanks everyone,
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.